Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My brother has become my inspiration

My 20th birthday is approaching in only days, and though I am still young, I've realized that I need to steadily begin to look into career options. For years, I have wanted to do hair, and work in swanky little salons. It just seemed so glamorous. However, with the obstacles that my family and I have faced with Taylor..I have realized that hair isn't good enough. I always liked the thought of making someone feel beautiful when they walked out of my salon, but I would much rather make someone feel beautiful on the inside. I have decided that I want to dedicate my life to children with special needs and emotional issues. I want to make each and every one of these children feel loved. When I die, I want to be able to look back and remember all of the people who's heart I was able to heal, not the ones who I gave a trim to, and applied highlights. I want to mentor, and talk and listen. I want to hold hands that haven't been held and dry tears that run down little cheeks. But I don't want to limit myself to just special needs. I also want to help those that have been sexually assaulted and raped. I want to educate these girls on how to feel productive and beautiful in non-destructive ways, and I want to help them get back on their feet without the agony of feeling like it's their fault. All in all, I am going to help and touch as many lives as I can. And I have Taylor to thank for all of it. He is forever my brother and forever my inspiration, and because of him, I am determined to change the lives of millions.

2 comments:

Casdok said...

I think with your wonderful attitude and insight you can do anything!
All the best to you :)

Didi said...

You have SO much to give! I know the people whose lives you touch will be enriched and changed forever. Go for it!!!