Sunday, June 8, 2008

Why I want to take Taylor to Disneyland

The last time we were in Disneyland, I was 10-years-old, and Taylor was about 7. Of course we were both excited. As soon as we entered the gates, Taylor kind of squealed, and I expected him to run right in and go to the first ride he could find, but surprisingly enough, i remember feeling his little hand grab mine and getting a little sqeeze. It's like he wanted me to be by his side the entire time. Taylor loved the Swiss Family Robinson tree house, and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. They were such a boyish adventure for him. We searched for Mikey so that he could shake the hands of this little boy that loved him so much. He was laughing and pointing at all of the details that only he could notice. I wanted to go on the Haunted Mansion ride, and he was so scared, but he did it to stay with me. He went on it just for me. He held on to my leg, and put his head on my shoulder, but he was the bravest of boys in there. Our time there was full of Taylor smiles. I haven't seen those smiles for years.
So before Taylor has to go to a more permanent home in October, I want to be able to take him and my family to Disneyland one more time. That is all he wanted when we asked him if he wanted to anything before having to go. And now that we have Spencer in our lives, he won't go unless he is with us, so I have a little more fund-raising to do than I had planned origionally. Taylor has been sad for so many years; I want to see that Disney smile just one more time. I want to be able to put him on all of those rides, and take him to see the pirates. I want to stay for the fireworks, and have Mikey shake his hands that are now the hands of a young man. I want to try to walk in the parade and show all the happy people the brother I am so proud of and love so much. More than anything, I want Taylor to have one more happy memory before he has to go away. I want him to see how much I love him, and how much dreams really can come true. Just like Walt Disney had that *Dream* and look where that dream took him! Thank you to all who have done your part in buying my baked goods, and giving us donations. You are such a big part in helping me grant this wish...and thank you to all of those who read this. Sometimes just knowing that people are hearing Taylor's story is enough of a dream come true. Please continue buying so I can give him the wish of a lifetime. It is one time in his life, he can be Taylor and not worry about people bullying him or taunting him, but just really be there to have fun. Take a look at my brother. How could I say no to a face like that? ~ Thanks, Amanda

No comments: